FRENCH LAMB HOTPOT Oven 180C serves 4-6
- 6 X lamb forequarter chops
- 1 X large purple onion diced
- garlic to personal choice
- 3/4 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x coffee mug of dry red wine
- a few shakes of soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce
- 2 X sprigs thyme
- 1 X sprig rosemary
- 1 X large bay leaf
- 4-5 basil leaves torn
- few shakes dried Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut each chop into 2, removing fat as much fat as possible.
- Lightly brown onion and garlic > casserole dish
- Lightly brown lamb. Meat slices tend to curl so using mini tongs in left hand, lift pieces up a little and with kitchen scissors in right hand make 3 or 4 slits so that meat sits flat in pan. > into casserole dish.
- De-glaze pan with red wine, toms and water + pepper salt + dried herbs> on top of meat in dish.
Liquid should well and truly cover the meat. Add eater if necessary. Poke fresh herbs down under liquid.
Lid on > into oven, cook approx 1 hour. Test with sharp instrument if cooked. Do usual soaking up of any fat with paper towelling.
Steam chunky carrots and add to pot just before serving. Thicken with a little of your usual (GF use Cornflour) and serve with jacket potatoes and green beans.