Mango Hill Cottages & Hill Of Promise Winery
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Private Cottage
- Double From $150 Per Night
- Free Wine Tasting!
.Hill Of Promise Winery & Cellar Door
Boutique winery and cellar door, offering a true 'grape to glass' experience
Hill of Promise is the perfect holiday attraction while visiting the area. Wine tastings at the cellar door are free for individuals so bring along a picnic basket - or even something as simple as a loaf of crusty bread and cheese- to enjoy after a tasting. Sample the slower pace of country life on the verandah of a century-old Queenslander. Better still, why not take advantage of our Bed and Breakfast Cottages, only a few metres from the Cellar Door. Take a look at our Mango Hill Cottages
One of Queensland's Best Kept Secrets!
- WINES PRODUCED ONSITE – AND PRESERVATIVE FREE!
- VEGAN FRIENDLY... no egg, milk or fish products used in filtering
- FREE WINE TASTINGS FOR INDIVIDUALS AT CELLAR DOOR
- OPEN 7 DAYS PER WEEK BETWEEN 10AM – 4PM [but phone to save disappointment]
- BYO PICNICS WELCOME. FINISH OFF WITH OUR GREAT PLUNGER COFFEE.
- RUSTIC SCENERY AND LARGE GROUNDS PERFECT FOR A RELAXING AFTERNOON
- CHEESE PLATTERS AND LUNCH FOR GROUPS – BY ARRANGEMENT
- HAVE A SPECIAL ORDER AND NEED TO PICK UP OUT OF HOURS? Not a problem - just contact Terranzo the winemaker or Maria the Little Cellar Rat 0408 875 305 07 4126 3470 firstname.lastname@example.org
Hill Of Promise Winery
Proud to be a family owned and operated boutique winery and Cellar door. We ensure every bottle has no additives or preservatives, keeping with an "old world" style used for centuries. Our love and passion for wine making shows in every bottle and we have the awards to back it up.
All our wines are produced right here at the Winery. A process like this allows us to control the crushing, fermenting, racking, filtering, aging, bottling and labelling. This way we know exactly what goes into every drop and, more importantly, what does not!
We offer a wide range of wines, from whites and reds through to fortifieds and sparkling, all made with love and care by our expert winemakers, Terry & Mary Byrne
Terry's passion comes from his proud Sicillian heritage. His maternal grandparents, Umberto and Maria Gelsomino were migrants to the Isis district from the Catania region of Sicily in the early 1900's. Food, cooking and the enjoyment of wine as a natural accompaniment to food and family occasions have been part and parcel of family tradition.
So why not come and see us here at Hill of Promise, get the very personal 'grape to glass' experience and meet the winemakers behind the wine? Who better to explain to you what food goes with the wine and the process behind it than the people who make it? Judging by the laughter emanating from the cellar door, guests are participating in what we aim at - a fun experience and what's more, tastings for individuals at the cellar door are FREE!!
Under the Liquor Act 1992, It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years. For more specific legislation visit our Liquor Licensing Acts page
The Perfect Stop-Over Point to
Explore South East Queensland
- Located at our winery - Hill Of Promise!
- Situated half-way between Brisbane & Rockhampton
- 40 minutes to Bundaberg
- 50 minutes to Maryborough
- 30 minutes to Woodgate beach
- 60 minutes to Hervey Bay & Departure points for Fraser Island & Lady Elliott Island
- 2.25 hours to 1770 - The departure point for Lady Musgrave Island